Over the past couple of months, I have been doing lots of "Intro to Graphs" talks across Europe. What started out as an idea in our London User Group, has now been a standard monthly introduction that has been extremely well attended. And that's not where it stops - many other people want to start doing these sessions as well in different cities.
During these talks, lots of people have been asking really smart and important questions - and that's why I have created a small screencast to share the answers to these questions. Here is the screencast:
And here are some links that could be useful info to go with each of the questions:
- What are Graph Databases?
- See the Learn-Section of Neo4j.org for an even better explantation
- Look at my beer posts to see how even non-technical folks can get started with Graphs
- Look at the Cypher Intro-Tutorial for more info around traversals
- Read some of these great use cases.
- The neo4j manual has some good tips and tricks
- Take a look at this excellent whitepaper.
- Look at Jim Webber's cache sharding page.
- Look at some of these examples
- Look at Alistair's Skillsmatter talk.
- Look at how this GraphConnect Panel does it.
- Look at how it stacks up in a NOSQL world.
I hope this is useful for all of you. If you want to take a look at the slides, then please visit the google doc or contact me! Happy to deliver or help deliver this talk in your city or at your company if that would be of interest.
Post a Comment